Friday 19 March 2010

How to set up a custom search in PubMed and get e-alerts.

Yesterday a friend asked how he could get email alerts when new articles were published to Medical Education journals. I blogged about the query here. This is a solution using the journal search in PubMed. You will miss out if an article is published about medical education in the BMJ or the Lancet, but maybe soon publishers will let us subscribe to RSS feeds where we can specify the topics. Of course in the mean time you could have a pubmed custom search using MESH, and if any of my medical librarian colleagues wants to do a quick screenr about that I will be delighted! Here is how to do the most general search.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am reintroducing word verification to cut back on spam posts. I'm sorry if you find it frustrating,